Creamy Roasted-pepper Sauce
1/2 cup = 54 calories. 8 g carbs, 1 g fiber
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (12 oz) jar roasted red and yellow peppers, drained and diced
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from weightwatchers.com
Heat oil in nonstick saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring, until softened, 4 minutes. Add broth, roasted pepper and pepper flakes; gently boil, stirring occasionally, until reduced by one-third, 10 minutes. Stir in half-and-half and parsley; cook 1 minutes.
If you like, add these stir-ins to the sauce just before serving: 2 tsp chopped drained capers or 1 moist-packed sun-dried tomato, finely chopped.