Sweet & Tangy Bacon Broccoli Pasta Salad
- 1 lb bacon, uncooked
- 1/2 pkg (12 0z) bowtie pasta
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 3 cups broccoli, chopped
- 3 cups red grapes
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Best Food Light)
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease
Cook the bacon until crispy. Remove from pan on a paper towel lined plate. Dab to remove excess grease, and set aside.
Tilt your bacon pan to the side and measure out 2 tablespoons bacon grease. Place in small bowl for the dressing.
Boil some water and cook the bowtie pasta noodles per package instructions. When noodles are done, drain and rinse with cool water until they cool down.
Place chopped pecans into a large skillet and sprinkle a bit of salt over the top. Toast them over medium high heat until they change color and smell nice and fragrant. Should only take 2-3 minutes.
Place chopped broccoli, red grapes and chopped red onion into large bowl. Crumble bacon and add to other salad ingredients.
Toss in toasted pecans and pasta and stir everything together.
In the small bowl with the reserved bacon grease, place all the remaining dressing ingredients together and whisk to combine.
Pour dressing over the top of salad, stir making sure all the salad ingredients are coated.
You'll also love
- RICOTTA-APRICOT-CINNAMON STUFFED... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Vegetables: Sesame Green Beans 0/5 (0 Votes)
- 3 Package Beef Chuck Roast 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Black Bean and Potato Plate 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef with Noodles 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rosemary Maple Pork Tenderloin 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Asian Pasta Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broccoli, cheese and Egg Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)