- 1/2 cup Crisco 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups sugar 4 cups flour
- 3 eggs 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 cup cocoa 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup lukewarm water
- 2 tbsp. flour 1/2 cup Crisco
- 1 cup milk 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 stick oleo pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 375.
Mix and cream well Crisco, sugar, eggs and cocoa. Mix buttermilk and water together and add to creamed mixture. Add vanilla. Sift dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together and add to above mixture. Drop by teaspoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheet and bake about 6 minutes. Remove from oven, loosen gobs with spatula and let cool.
Combine flour and milk. Cook until thick stirring constantly so mixture doesn't stick. Let cool and refrigerate for a few hours. Cream oleo, Crisco, powdered sugar and salt for 10 minutes (very important to mix for full 10 minutes). Add cooked mixture and beat well, then add vanilla. Fill gobs.