Chicken & Asparagus Crepes
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for the dish
- 2 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley, dill, chives or mint)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 store-bought crepes (about 9 inches each)
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1/2 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Butter a large baking dish.
Combine the chicken, ricotta, 1/2 cup parmesan, 3 tablespoons herbs, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl.
Spoon about 1/4 cup filling across the lower half of each crepe; roll up to enclose the filling. P
lace the crepes, seam-side down, in the baking dish.
Cover with foil and bake until the filling is hot, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, melt 3 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and cook until it softens, about 1 minute.
Add the asparagus and cook until just tender, about 3 minutes.
Add the chicken broth, lemon zest and the remaining 1 tablespoon herbs and simmer until the sauce is slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
Stir in the remaining 1/4 cup parmesan and season with salt and pepper. Divide the crepes among plates, top with the asparagus and sauce, and sprinkle with parmesan.