ROASTED MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN AND VEGGIES
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 med. egglplant, cut into 1 in cubes
- 1 each green and yellow zucchini, cut ito i in pieces
- 1 each red and orange sweet pepper, seeded and cut into 1 in pieces.
- 1/2 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tslsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp dried herbes Italian seasonings
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1. Preheat over to 400o. Squash garlic cloves .
2. In a large, shallow roasting pan, toss garlic, eggplant, zucchin, peppers and onion with 3 tblsp oil, 1 tbsp vinegar, 1 tsp dried herbs and half of salt and pepper.
Roast uncovered, for about 30 mins. stirring once til almost tender.
3. Meanwhile, in a large shallow dish, rub chicken breasts with remaining oil and vinegar, then sprinkle with remaining herbs, salt and pepper. Set aside at room temperature.
4. Stir veggies in roasting pan, then make four spaces among veggies and put a chicken breast in each space. Toss tomatoes in marinade remaining in dish used for chicken. Scatter tomatoes over chicken and veggies. in roasting pan. Roast, uncovered, for about 20 mins. or til chicken is no longer pink inside.
5. Usin a slotted spoon, divide veggies among four dinner plates and top each portion with a chicken breast.l Spoon any juices remaining in roasting pan over chicken breasts.