- 1/2 lb. Italian sausage
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 1 can (2.5 oz.) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 t. garlic salt
- 1 pkg. (6 oz.) mozzarella cheese slices
- 1 loaf French bread
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Brown and drain meat. Add onion and mushrooms and cook 5 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, Parmesan cheese and garlic salt. Simmer 10 minutes.
Cut bread in half lengthwise. Remove center of bread leaving only crust and 1/2 inch of bread at edges. Place half the cheese slices on bottom of bread and top with the meat mixture. Cover with remaining cheese slices and the top half of the bread. Wrap in foil and bake for 8 minutes. Slice to serve.