Kale, Edamame, and Quinoa Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
This simple vegan salad made with kale, quinoa, edamame, and fruit proves to be a delicious meal. It’s the perfect lunch or side dish with dinner.
- For lemon vinaigrette:
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled (cook according to package directions)
- 1 1/2 cup edamame beans, cooked and cooled
- 3 cups finely chopped Tuscan kale, ribs removed
- 1 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 mango, pitted and diced
- 1 avocado, pitted and either sliced or diced
- 2 tablespoon toasted almonds or pumpkin seeds, if desired
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 large basil leaf, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
Adapted from ambitiouskitchen.com
1. To make dressing: place olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, sugar, basil, and salt in blender or food processor. Blend/process for 10-15 seconds; set aside.
2. In medium bowl toss quinoa, kale, and edamame together; add lemon vinaigrette and toss so that the salad is fully coated. Place in refrigerator for 20-30 minutes to let flavors soak in.
3. Before serving, toss salad again and add tomatoes, onion, mango, and avocado. Garnish with toasted almonds or pumpkin seeds if desired.
You'll also love
- Fish Tacos 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Super Moist Zucchini Bread 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Broccoli Cheddar Panini 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Pumpkin-Orange Cheesecake with... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Loin with... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Key Lime and White Biscotti 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Strawberry Lemonade 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Jowl Bacon Spinach Salad 4.5/5 (17 Votes)