- 1 onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic (about 5 cloves)
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. broccoli, coarsley chopped
- 1/2 lb. yellow squash, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 lb. mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 2 containers (15 oz. EACH) light ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup and 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, divided
- 1 jar (28 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 package (16 oz.) lasagna noodles, cooked as directed
In skillet over medium heat, cook onion and garlic in hot oil for 3 minutes, stirring. Add next 4 ingredients and 1/4 cup water; cook 15 minutes. Stir in 2 teaspoons thyme; remove from heat.
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Combine ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, egg and 1 tablespoon parsley. Spoon 1/2 cup tomato sauce on bottom of 13"x9" baking pan. Layer 1/2 of the cooked vegetables and then 1/2 of cheese mixture and then spoon 1/2 cup of tomato sauce. Continue the process ending with cheese layer, then tomato sauce, and top with remaining mozzarella.
Cover with foil and bake approximately 30 - 45 minutes.
Serve with remaining parmesan and garnish with remaining parsley.