All-in-one Pasts Dinner
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz sausage or kielbasa cut in 1/4 in pieces
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic. minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 mediul yellow-fleshed potatoes, scrubbed and cut into1/2 inch cubes
- 1 large carrot, cut into 1/2 in pieces
- 6 cups no salt added chicken stock
- 4 cups large pasts shells
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese to serve
1. In a large Dutch oven, hear oil over med. heat. Add sausage and cook, sirring for 2 or 3 mins. til browned.
2. Add onion and cook stirring for about 5 mons. til softeded but not browned.
3. Stir in garlic, paprika, salt and pepper and cook, stiriing for about 15 seconds, til fragrant.
4. Add popatoes, carrot and 2 cups stock. Bring to a boil over high hear. Reduce heat to med-low and simmer, covered, for 8 to 10 mins or til potatoes are almost tender.
5. Add pasta and remaining stock to pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to med. and simmer, uncovered and stirring oftern for about 20 mins. or til pasta is tender.
6. Stir in peas and simmer 2 to 3 mins . Season with more salt and pepper to taste if necessary.
Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.