Pasta with Goat Cheese
- 13.25 oz. box medium whole grain pasta shells
- 1 pound frozen petite green peas, thawed
- 6 oz. softened goat cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon EACH- salt and fresh ground pepper
Cook pasta adding peas the last 2 minutes of cooking. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain. Return pasta to pot. Add cheese and reserved pasta water. If mixture is dry, add more water.
In skillet, combine nuts, garlic and oil. Cook on medium 3 minutes; stirring occasionally. Add salt and pepper.
Top pasta mixture with garlic and walnut mixture.