Cornbread Dressing for Turkey
- Corn Bread Ingredients:
- 2 cups white cornmeal
- 1/4 cup self rising flour
- 1/4 cup oil, butter or margarine
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- Dressing Ingredients:
- 1 cups bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup red or white onion, chopped
- 3 cups broth, from turkey and/or giblets
- 2 tablespoons rubbed sage (crush in hand)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 50mins
CORN BREAD PREPARATION:
1. Heat oven to 425°F.
2. Grease 10” iron skillet.
3. Mix ingredients.
4. Beat vigorously 30 seconds with a spoon or fork.
5. Pour into skillet.
6. Bake about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Let cool.
You can prepare corn bread ahead.
1. Crumble corn bread into bowl.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients; mix well.
Pour mixture in a baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.