Easy Chicken Bake
This recipe is from a box of Stove Top Stuffing
Prep: 10 minutes
Bake: 30 minutes
- 1 pkg. 8 oz., Stove Top Stuffing
- 1 1/2 /c. hot water
- 2 lb. chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 10 3/4 oz. cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 c. Breakstone's or Knudsen's sour cream
- 5 c. frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1/4 c. Smart Balance Buttery Spread (optional)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Preheat oven to 400*.
Sprinkle 1/2 c. dry stuffing mix onto bottom of 13x9 pan or baking dish. (I sprayed the pan with non-stick cooking spray.)
Add hot water to remaining stuffing mix. Stir until moistened. Set aside.
Place chicken over stuffing mix in pan.
Mix soup, vegetables,and sour cream and spoon mixture over chicken.
Top with the moistened stuffing mix.
Then drizzle melted Smart Balance over the stuffing.
Bake 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, 165*. (I ended up baking mine for 40 minutes.
Makes 8 servings, about 1 1/3 c. servings.
I only used 4 small chicken breasts, approximately 1-lb. total. I also only used about 2 cups of frozen veggies.