- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Taco Seasoning
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 ounce tortilla chips, finely crushed *
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 batch Red Enchilada Sauce (about 1 cup)
- 8 ounces pepper-jack cheese, shredded
Adapted from genaw.com
Beat or whisk the cream cheese and eggs until smooth. Add the seasoning; mix well. Stir in the cheese and crushed chips; mix well. Grease a 9x13" baking dish or line with parchment paper; spread the cheese mixture evenly over the bottom. Bake at 350º, 35 minutes or until browned, but not too dark. Let stand 5-10 minutes before adding the topping.
* 1/4 ounce is about 4-5 small round tortilla chips. I used the unflavored white corn kind. They only add about 4 carbs to the whole recipe.
Brown the hamburger; drain fat. Stir in the seasoning and enchilada sauce. Spread over the crust. Top with the cheese. Bake another 20 minutes or so until hot and bubbly.
Makes 8 servings