Fusilli Carbonara with Frisee and Lemon
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 oz. Parmesan cheese, finely grated (1 1/2 cups)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 oz. thick-cut bacon (about 3 slices), cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 lb. fusilli
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon zest, plus 3 tablespoons juice (from 1 large lemon)
- 4 oz. frisee or escarole, cut into 3" pieces
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
1. Whisk together eggs and cheese in a large bowl until combined, and season with salt and pepper. Cook bacon in a medium skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain.
2. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Reserve 1 cup pasta water, and then drain pasta. Add lemon zest, juice and frisee and toss to combine, adding enough pasta water to form a smooth sauce that coats pasta. Season to taste with salt and pepper and top with bacon. Serve immediately.