Whole Slow Cooker Chicken
A delicious and simple whole chicken recipe for the slow cooker. The sauce imparts wonderful flavor and tenderness, and is delicious served over jasmine rice.
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken, skin removed
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 495mins
Adapted from allrecipes.com
1. Remove skin from chicken, and empty inner cavity of contents within. Pat chicken dry with a paper towel, and place inside the slow cooker.
2. In a bowl, stir together the chicken broth, soy sauce, olive oil, honey, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, sesame oil, and minced garlic. Pour mixture over chicken, and cover.
3. Cook chicken on low setting for 8 hours, or 4 hours on high setting.
You'll also love
- Banana Cream Pie 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Skinny Shepard's Pie Filling with... 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- No Bake Nutella Truffles 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Mango Passionfruit Smoothie 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Sausage Flowers 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Saucy Asian Meatballs 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Chicken & Dumplings 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- All-American Oven "Fried"... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)