Sauteed Greens with Cannellini Beans and Garlic
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 large bunch greens (such as spinach, mustard greens, kale, or broccoli rabe; about 1 pound), thick stems removed, spinach left whole, other greens cut into 1-inch strips (about 10 cups packed)
- 1 cup (or more) vegetable broth or low-salt chicken broth
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini (white kidney beans), rinsed, drained
- 1 teaspoon (or more) Sherry wine vinegar
- Serve over rice.
1.Heat 4 tablespoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and dried crushed pepper; stir until garlic is pale golden, about 1 minute. Add greens by large handfuls; stir just until beginning to wilt before adding more, tossing with tongs to coat with oil.
2.Add 1 cup broth, cover, and simmer until greens are just tender, adding more broth by tablespoonfuls if dry, 1 to 10 minutes, depending on type of greens.
3. Add beans; simmer uncovered until beans are heated through and liquid is almost absorbed, about 2 minutes.
4.Stir in 1 teaspoon vinegar. Season with salt and pepper, and more vinegar if desired; drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and serve.