GLUTEN-FREE CRANBERRY ORANGE COTTAGE CHEESE MUFFIN
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose GF flour blend
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup lowfat cottage cheese
- 1 cup cranberries, chopped
- zest from one orange
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (or pecans), optional
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from gfreefoodie.com
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tin with paper liners or grease with butter. In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter with brown sugar, and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.
2. In another small bowl, whisk flour blend, xanthan gum, baking powder, and salt. Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture along with the whole milk and mix until just combined. Carefully fold in cottage cheese, cranberries, orange zest and nuts until evenly incorporated.
3. Spoon into muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full. Bake for 20 minutes, or until cooked throughout.
** If you’re not GF, use regular AP flour in place of the GF flour blend, and omit the xanthan gum.
You'll also love
- Skillet Apple Brown Betty 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Copycat Suddenly Salad Ranch and... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Katie Couric's Lemon Chicken 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Simple Lemon Bundt Cake with Lemon... 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Rhubarb Orange Mousse 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Old Fashioned Blackberry Pie 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Blackberry Crescent Rolls 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Spiced Cranberry-Apple Glogg 5/5 (1 Votes)