Oven Fried Jalapeno and Cheese Topped Eggplant
Breaded and baked eggplant
- 3/4 c. low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 T. minced jalapenos
- 1-2 lb. peeled eggplant, sliced 3/8" thick
- 1/2 c. fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 c. grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- cooking spray
- 1/2 c. sour cream
Combine the mayo and jalapenos; stir well.
Combine breadcrumbs, cheese and spices in a shallow bowl.
Spread mayo mixture evenly over both sides of the eggplant slices then dip in the breadcrumbs to coat both sides.
Place eggplant on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Lightly spray the tops of the slices.
Bake at 425 for 12 minutes. Turn slices over and bake an additional 12 minutes or until golden.
Serve with sour cream.