White Chocolate Orange Dream Cookies
While these orange cookies have a sweet tang from the orange-flavoring, drizzle white chocolate over these orange cookies for some extra sweetness.
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup firmly packed light
- brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups white chocolate morsels
- 3 ounces white baking bar
- 2 teaspoons shortening
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
Add egg, orange rind, and extract, beating until blended.
Combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
Gradually add to sugar mixture, beating just until blended after each addition.
Stir in white chocolate morsels.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets
Bake at 350°F (176.6°C) for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes.
Remove to wire racks to cool.
Melt white baking bar and shortening in 1-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth (4 to 6 minutes).
Drizzle over cooled cookies.
You'll also love
- Rolls - Blueberry, Strawberry,... 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Garlic Cheese Biscuits 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- White Chocolate Cranberry Blondies 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Pistachio Kiss Cookies 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Spinach, Sausage & Feta Quiche 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Lemon Vodka Slush 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Spicy Chicken Flautus with Lime... 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Gluten-Free Star Cut-Out Cookies 4.6/5 (26 Votes)