Roasted Red Bell Peppers and Tomato Sauce
- For the Peppers:
- 5 red bell peppers
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 4 cloves garlic - chopped
- 1 large onion - sliced
- 2 tablespoons wine
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 29 oz. can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 lb. of your favorite spaghetti
- Grated Romano or Parmesan cheese for grating
- 2 carrots, diced
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.blogspot.com
Preheat Oven 375 degrees:
Wash and dry the peppers. Place on a baking pan and place in the oven until slightly charred. This will take about 25-30 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let the peppers cool. When the peppers are cooled, gently remove the stems and try to save the juice from inside the peppers for added flavor in the sauce. Cut the peppers for the sauce.
Heat a large frying pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the sliced onion, garlic and carrots and sauté until the onion is soft and the garlic fragrant. Add the peppers, vinegar, seasonings and continue to sauté on low.
Add the crushed tomatoes and the wine and gently simmer on low while preparing the spaghetti.
Lift the spaghetti into the sauce and add an extra drizzle of olive oil, red pepper flakes and grated cheese.
You'll also love
- Apple-Pecan French Toast 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Blackberry Thyme Gin Fizz 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Steak & Potato Alambritos With... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Sweet Potato & Chorizo Soup 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Triple Tomato Chicken W.W. Points... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Turkish Eggplant Casserole with... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Jack 'O Lantern Stuffed Bell... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)