DESSERTS - Apple Crisp Cake
- 1 package (17.4 oz.) cinnamon swirl quick bread and coffee cake mix, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 4 T butter or margarine, melted, divided
- 4 medium Granny Smith apples
- 1/2 cup old fashioned or quick oats
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- caramel ice cream topping and frozen whipped topping
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray pan with cooking spray.
Remove 1/4 cup quick bread mix from large packet; set aside for streusel topping. Combine remaining quick bread mix, water and eggs in bowl. Melt butter. Add 2T of melted butter to cake ingredients in bowl. Stir 50-75 strokes until well blended. Spread into pan.
Peel, core and slice apples. Cut apple slices into eighths. Arrange apples evenly over batter.
Combine small packet of swirl mix, oats, 1/4 cup bread mix, remaining 2T melted butter and cinnamon in small bowl; mix well. Sprinkle mixture evenly over apples.
Bake 40-45 minutes or until done. Serve warm or at room temperature. Drizzle with ice cream topping and top with whipped topping if desired.