Penne with Roasted Tomatoes and Mozzarella
A light, fresh pasta dish with fresh mozzarella and flavorful roasted cherry tomatoes.
- 1 1/2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 13.25 oz box of penne
- 6 oz fresh mozzarella, cut into small cubes (or a container of mozzarella pearls, drained)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
Adapted from jasonandshawnda.com
Preheat oven to 400.
Toss tomatoes and garlic with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Place in an oven safe pan and bake for ~45 minutes, until the skins have wrinkled and the tomatoes have burst.
Cook pasta in salted water, according to package instructions.
Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water before draining the pasta.
Return pasta to the pot and add a few splashes of pasta water.
Add the mozzarella cubes and using a slotted spoon, transfer the tomatoes and garlic to the pasta.
Lightly toss, top with chopped fresh basil, and serve.
You'll also love
- Vodka Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheesy Zucchini Rice 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bacon-Broccoli Cheese Ball 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Steak Gorgonzola Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tortellini Stew with Spinach 0/5 (0 Votes)
- bacon pea tortellini 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Tomato, Arugula and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Saucy Penne & Three Cheese Bake 0/5 (0 Votes)