Low Carb Chocolate Almond Fudge Recipe
On a Low Carb diet but still want your Chocolate? Me too! This recipe is sure to help with those cravings, but still keeping it Low Carb!
This recipe is quite easy. No baking! It really is just melting the ingredients and letting them set up in the freezer. Make some Fudge tonite!
- 3 – (4 oz.) Packages of Unsweetened Baking Chocolate
- 1 Cup Granulated No Calorie Sweetener (Splenda)
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 2/3 Cup Toasted Coconut Almonds
Adapted from hotdishhomemaker.com
1. Stir together the Heavy Cream, Granulated Sweetener, and Almond Extract, set aside
2. Line an 8 x 8 baking dish with foil. Foil should overlap the sides.
3. In a double boiler, break the Chocolate Squares up, then add the Heavy Cream mixture.
4. Cook the Chocolate slowly in the double boiler, stirring often. Cook until the chocolate is melted and all the liquid ingredients start to come together with the Chocolate.
5. When the Chocolate has all come together and is smooth, add the Almonds and stir well.
6. Immediately transfer the Fudge to the baking dish. Smooth the Fudge in the dish so it is in an even layer.
7. Cover the dish and pop it in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
8. Remove the Fudge from the freezer. Use the foil to lift the Fudge out of the dish. Using a sharp knife, slice the Fudge into 1 inch pieces.
9. Store Fudge in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker