Soft and Chewy Molasses Cookies
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups Imperial Sugar® / Dixie Crystals® Granulated Sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
Preparation time 15mins
•In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar. Blend in molasses and egg. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and cloves; add to creamed mixture. Mix until well blended.
• Shape dough into 1-1/4-in. balls. Roll balls in remaining sugar. Place on greased baking sheets. Press flat with a fork. Bake at 350° about 10-12 minutes or until set. Yield: about 4 dozen.