Whole Wheat Stuffing
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup mixture of chopped almonds, dried cranberries, and raisins
- 1/2 tsp rubbed sage
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups organic chicken stock
- 5 pieces of stale whole wheat bread, cut into 1/2" cubes
- cooking spray
In a non-stick skillet, sauté onions and celery in olive oil. Add apple and parsley. Sauté until tender.
In the skillet or a separate bowl, mix in sauéed ingredients with dried cranberries, raisins, almonds, sage, pepper, sea salt, chicken stock and bread. Stir stuffing mixture thoroughly.
Lightly coat a baking dish (12” x 8” or larger) with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Pour stuffing mixture into baking dish. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until stuffing is golden brown.