Tomato Vodka Sauce
Creamy tomato sauce with basil and vodka from Sur La Table cooking class.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small shallot, peeled and finely chopped.
- 2 cups chopped canned tomatoes
- 4 large fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons vodka
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
In a large skillet, heat the butter over medium heat and cook the shallots. Add the tomatoes and basil, reduce hear to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the vodka and reduce until nearly dry.
Add the cream to the tomato mixture and reduce it until it thickens slightly. Season with salt and pepper. Toss pasta with the tomato vodka sauce. Garnish with grated cheese and serve.
You'll also love
- Turkey Meatballs in Dill Cream... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Crock Pot Teriyaki Pork Chops 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cran-Apple Walnut Baked oatmeal 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Orange White Chocolate Cheesecake 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Corn Chip Chili Casserole 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Creamy Goat Cheese Pasta with... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Rigatoni with Sausage and Tomato... 4/5 (1 Votes)