Chicken Ranch a Roni
- 8 oz uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can [10 3/4 oz] cream of onion soup
- 1/2 cup melted butter/light butter/margarine [your preference]
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 [0.4 oz] packet buttermilk ranch dressing mix
- black pepper to taste
- 3 cups chopped roasted chicken
- 2/3 cup frozen petite peas
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 5 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1 8 oz sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup garlic-pepper french fried onions [I used Fresh Gourmet]
Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray an 8 x 12 inch dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
Cook the elbow macaroni in salted water per the instructions on the package, until al dente. While the macaroni is cooking, in a large mixing bowl, whisk together the soup, melted margarine, sour cream, mayonnaise, milk and dressing mix. Season to taste with black pepper.
Add the chopped chicken to the mixing bowl, along with the frozen peas, green onions and crumbled bacon.
Drain the pasta well then add to the mixing bowl. Stir until evenly coated. Lastly, add the shredded cheese reserving one cup to sprinkle on top. [tip: I used white cheddar, any cheddar will work]
Pour into the baking dish, then sprinkle with the reserved shredded cheese and garlic-pepper french fried onions. Bake for 35-40 minutes until bubbly and golden. Yield: 6-8 servings