Skinny Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins
These petite chocolate muffins are made with smarter swaps, giving you rich, bold chocolate taste with a dreamy, creamy peanut butter swirl — without all the guilt!
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons low-fat buttermilk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate baking cocoa (can use regular baking cocoa if preferred)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1/2 About 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, softened to an almost melted consistency
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Preheat oven to 375°F. Liberally grease a standard muffin tin with cooking spray. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the butter and sugar until it resembles soft, wet crumbles. Add in the egg, then egg white, whisking after each addition (for this, I simply used a fork — but you could use a handheld electric mixer if desired). Whisk the mixture quickly until it is light and fluffy.
Beat in the buttermilk, water, vinegar and vanilla until just combined. Lastly, add the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt until moistened. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Evenly portion the batter among the muffin cups, about 3/4 of the way full. Bake for approximately 13 to 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean or with moist crumbs; do NOT over bake!
Cool for a few minutes in the pan before gently transferring them to a wire rack. Put parchment of a paper towel under the rack to help with the mess, then drizzle the tops of the muffins evenly with the peanut butter. Serve!
You'll also love
- Crab 'N Shrimp Dip 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Coffee Roasted Almond + Toasted... 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Triple Chocolate Ice Cream Pie 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Mini Pumpkin Spice Gluten-Free... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Cherry Jam-Filled Sour Cream Donuts 4.3/5 (40 Votes)
- Vegan Agave Cornbread Muffins 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Carrot Cake Muffins 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Grandma Mae's Almond Spritz Cookies 4.5/5 (22 Votes)