Orange Salad - Rizzi's
A mixture of different varieties of oranges creates a beautiful presentation.
- For Dressing:
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp fresh sweet basil, chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- garlic salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp celery leaves, chopped
- 1 small piece of fresh orange
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- For Salad:
- 6 medium navel oranges, or a mix of navel, blood, and caracara oranges
- 1 celery stalk with leaves, diced
- 1/4 cup Italian black olives
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
Adapted from realsimple.com
To Make Dressing:
Place dressing ingredients in a jar and shake will. Dressing is best when made a day ahead and refrigerated.
To Make Salad:
Peel oranges. Completely remove pith and seeds. Cut oranges into slices about 1/4 inch thick. Spread sliced oranges on a platter, alternating navel, blood, and caracara varieties. Scatter celery and olives over oranges. Top with freshly ground black pepper.
Drizzle the entire salad with dressing to taste. Allow salad to stand for 10-15 minutes at room temperature before serving.