Pasta A La Mama
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 medium sweet onions, cut into medium dice
- 1 Lrg. head Cauliflower, cut into medium florets
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. rigatoni, cooked al dente
- 3/4 cup Italian Bread crumbs
- 1/2 c. grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- serving suggestion- loaf of Italian bread with butter
In a large nonstick, deep sided saute pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and saute until almost soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add cauliflower and stir well. Cover and lower the heat, letting cauliflower steam until almost fork tender, about 5 minutes. Remove the cover and raise the heat to medium to evaporate most of the cooking liquid. Add a splash more olive oil add the garlic and brown over medium heat until the cauliflower is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add the pasta and toss together to combine.
Add the bread crumbs and cheese, stir well to coat. Slightly browning the crumbs, about 2 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add more cheese, if desired. Serve with crusty Italian bread and butter.