Spicy Boiled Shrimp With Creamy Buttermilk-Avocado Sauce
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined large cooked shrimp with tails (26/30 count) $
- 2 lemons
- 4 teaspoons hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 (5-oz.) package mixed baby greens, thoroughly washed
- Creamy Buttermilk-Avocado Sauce
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Bring 2 qt. water to a boil in a Dutch oven. Add shrimp, and cook 30 seconds. Drain, rinse under cool running water, and place in a small bowl.
Fill a medium bowl with ice. Place bowl containing shrimp in ice. Cover and chill 1 to 24 hours.
Squeeze juice from lemons through a small strainer over shrimp in a large bowl, drizzle with hot sauce, and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Creole seasoning, and toss to coat. Serve shrimp over mixed greens with Creamy Buttermilk-Avocado Sauce
Process buttermilk, avocado, parsley, chopped green onions, and fresh lemon juice in a food processor 30 seconds or until smooth. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Store in refrigerator covered with plastic wrap directly on surface (to prevent discoloration) up to 2 days.