Grilled Chicken Breasts with Spicy Orange-Ginger Glaze
- 3 organic chicken breasts (Ask your butcher to cut the breasts in half and pound it 1/4-inch thick.)
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger , minced
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- Canola oil
Place the chicken in a container large enough to hold six pieces of chicken.
To prepare the marinade: In a glass bowl, whisk together the orange juice, rice wine vinegar, orange marmalade, red pepper flakes, ginger, garlic and olive oil. Pour over chicken, seal and leave in the refrigerator 8 hours or, even better, overnight. This will tenderize the chicken.
To grill: Remove chicken from marinade and pat dry. Sprinkle both sides with kosher salt. Heat a grill pan or heavy skillet or fire up your outdoor grill until hot. Season the surface of the grill with 1 tablespoon of canola oil and use a paper towel to spread the oil evenly. Turn down the heat to medium-high. Do not place chicken too close together, or you will create steam. Grill the chicken 3 inches apart.
Grill the chicken for 3 minutes on each side. Continue to grill for 1 more minute on each side for a total grill time of 8 minutes. Some of the pieces may grill faster if they are thinner than the others. Keep your eye on it and don't let it overcook or burn. Remove the chicken from grill and let rest on a cutting board for 5 minutes. Slice the chicken into strips or serve whole.
You'll also love
- Banana Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple Kuchen 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork chops with apples and pancetta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smothered Pork Chops with Cider... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Chicken Breast 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Greysheet Lemon Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Dream Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange White Chocolate Cheesecake 0/5 (0 Votes)