Chicken-Fried Chicken and Tomato Gravy
From Family Circle
- 1 1/2 lbs plum tomatoes, seeded, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 plus 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (about 6 oz each)
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt (such as Lawry's)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from familycircle.com
1. In a medium saucepan, combine tomatoes, butter, salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper. Cover and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, season chicken with seasoned salt and remaining 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Combine flour and cornstarch in a bowl; dredge chicken in mixture.
3. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and saute for 4 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
4. Serve chicken with tomato gravy and, if desired, Dirty Rice.