- 8 chicken breast cutlets, pounded very thin (whole breasts butterflied and pounded)
- Salt and pepper
- Flour, for dredging
- 4 to 5 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 lemons, 1 thinly sliced and 1 for juicing
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers in brine, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth or white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Warm bread for mopping
Heat a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Warm a serving platter or large plate in a 250ºF oven.
Season chicken with salt and pepper and dredge in flour.
Heat a couple of turns of the pan EVOO in the skillet. Cook chicken in small batches, browning lightly on each side, adding more EVOO as necessary. Transfer to warm platter and cover with foil.
To the skillet, add butter and melt. Add lemon slices and lightly brown. Add the garlic and stir a minute, add capers and deglaze the pan with vermouth or wine. Add chicken stock, lemon juice and parsley. Slide chicken into pan and pass through sauce, return to platter and serve with bread for mopping. 4