Oven Baked Tacos
- 1 lb. ground beef (preferably grass fed)
- 1 small can (or equivalent of homemade) refried beans
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 recipe for homemade taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese (I use grass fed)
- 8-10 hard taco shells
Brown beef and onions. When it is done, drain the grease off, if there is any. Add in the beans and taco seasoning. Cook together until it is thick, and most all the liquid is cooked out. Next place 8 to 10 hard taco shells in an 9×11 casserole dish. Place some of the bean and beef mixture in each taco shell. Sprinkle cheese over the tops of the tacos. Bake for 10 or 15 minutes at 400 degrees F.
We like ours with tomatoes, lettuce, avocado, and sour cream after they come out of the oven.