Spinach, Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
- 3 cups water
- 1 14-ounce can reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 10 3/4-ounce can reduced fat and sodium cream of chicken soup
- 2/3 cup uncooked wild rice rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon gound black pepper
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken or turkey
- 2 cups shredded fresh spinach
Adapted from diabeticlivingonline.com
1. In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine the water, broth, cream of chicken soup, uncooked wild rice, thyme, and pepper.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4 hours.
3. To serve, stir in chicken and spinach. Makes 6 (1-1/2-cup) servings