- 4 tablespoons butter, divided use
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 ounces shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Preheat oven to 350*F (175*C). Grease a 2-quart casserole dish; set aside
Over a medium-low heat melt butter in a large saucepan. Add onion and saute until translucent. Add shrimp and mushrooms, cook and stir for 3 minutes. Remove shrimp mixture from saucepan and place in bowl; set aside.
Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in saucepan. Add flour and cook and stir for 1 minute; add milk, sherry, salt and pepper, mixing well. Heat and until sauce thickens, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add the shrimp mixture and cooked spaghetti, mixing well.
Place all ingredients in prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top.
Bake for 30 minutes.