Deep Dish Cookie Pie
- One of my Special Diet Recipes.
- ◾2 cans white beans or garbanzos (drained and rinsed) (500g total, once drained)
- ◾1 cup quick oats (or certified-gf quick oats)
- ◾1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ◾3 tbsp oil (canola, veg, or coconut)
- ◾2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ◾1/2 tsp baking soda
- ◾2 tsp baking powder
- ◾1/2 tsp salt
- ◾1 and 1/2 cups brown sugar (EDIT: click for a Sugar-Free Cookie Pie.)
- ◾1 cup chocolate chips
Blend everything (except the chips) very well in a good food processor (not a blender). Mix in chips, and pour into an oiled pan (I used a 10-inch springform pan, but you can use a smaller pan if you want a really deep-dish pie.) Cook at 350F for around 35-40 minutes. Let stand at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
(Some commenters have had success with a blender, but I did not. Try that at your own risk, and know the results will be better in a high-quality food processor such as a Cuisinart.)(Calorie Note: I haven’t calculated the calories for this recipe, but a few of the commenters did. According to their calculations, the pie will have around 200 calories per slice, as opposed to 700 in a slice of traditional deep-dish cookie pie.)