Ziti with Honey Mustard Salmon
- 1 pound(s) salmon fillet
- 1 tablespoon(s) honey
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) fresh-ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) cooking oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon(s) grainy or Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 pound(s) ziti
Heat the oven to 400°F. Lightly oil a small roasting pan. Put the salmon in the pan, skin side down. Spread the honey over the salmon and then sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Roast the salmon until just barely done, about 12 minutes, depending upon the thickness of the fillet. Remove from the oven.
In a medium saucepan, heat the oil over moderately low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the wine and simmer until about 1 tablespoon remains, about 2 minutes. Whisk in the mustard, cream, salt and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Turn off the heat. Flake the salmon and stir it and the parsley into the sauce.
In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the ziti until just done, about 13 minutes. Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce.
Wine Recommendation: With the sweetness of the honey and the heat and acidity of the mustard, a fruity red wine such as a slightly chilled California pinot noir would be an excellent choice.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Patch Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crockpot Creamy Marsala Pork Chops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Stuffed Shrimp-Ritz New... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Pecan Salmon with Lentil... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sue Hathaway's Blue Fish Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Olive Garden Copycat Mezzaluna... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pretty Penne Ham Skillet 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Pepper & Mustard Baked Ahi /... 0/5 (0 Votes)