Crumbly Pumpkin Bread
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- FOR THE CRUMB TOPPING
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
Adapted from damndelicious.net
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat three 5 3/4-inch mini loaf pans with nonstick spray. To make the crumb topping, combine flour, sugars, pumpkin pie spice and butter; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine flours, sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together pumpkin, coconut oil, butter, apple sauce, egg and vanilla.
Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
Scoop the batter evenly into the loaf pans. Sprinkle with reserved topping, using your fingertips to gently press the crumbs into the batter.
Place into oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes before inverting the cake onto a wire rack.