Chili Aioli Grilled Lobster Tails
- 4 frozen lobster tails, thawed (8 oz/250 g each)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chopped fresh dill
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Adapted from atcoblueflamekitchen.com
Using kitchen shears, cut each lobster shell down the back to base of tail. Cut across the back at base of tail, forming a T. With meat still attached at base, gently lift out lobster meat and place on top of shell.
To prepare chili aioli, combine remaining ingredients (mayonnaise through garlic). Spread chili aioli on lobster meat.
Place lobster tails, shell side down, on barbecue grid on natural gas barbecue. With lid down, grill lobster over medium heat until meat is opaque and completely cooked in centre, about 10 – 12 minutes. Do not overcook. Serves 4.