BAKED APPLE DUMPLINGS
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 Tbs. dry bread crumbs
- 4-1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 pkg (17.3 oz) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg beaten
- 2-1/4 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 Tbs. + 1-1/2 tsp. butter, melted
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 Tbs. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Cooking time 18mins
In a small bowl, combine the sugar, bread crumbs and cinnamon. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry into two 12-inch squares. Cut each sheet into nine 4-inch squares.
Brush squares with egg. Place 1 teaspoon sugar mixture in the center of each square; top with 2 Tbs. chopped apples and 1 tsp. sugar mixture. Gently bring up corners of pastry to the center; pinch edges to seal. Repeat with remaining pastry, crumb mixture and apples. Place dumplings on greased baking sheets.
In a small bowl, combine the streusel ingredients. Brush remaining egg over dumplings; press streusel over tops.
Bake at 400* for 14-18 minutes or until golden brown. Place pan on wire racks. Combine icing ingredients, drizzle over dumplings.