Bacon and Brussel Sprout Salad
- 1 lemon
- 1 orange
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled or chopped
- 4 dozen brussel sprouts
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup grated Pecorino-Romano cheese
Cook and crumble the bacon.
Squeeze the juice of the lemon and orange into a large bowl with the shallots. Pour the oil into the bowl in a steady stream, whisking to form an emulsion (it should appear more creamy and less transparent). Season generously with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Using a mandoline, shave the brussel sprouts (not including the stems) into thin slices to make a shredded/slaw texture. I rinsed and dried mine again after shaving them just to be sure they were totally clean.
Place the almonds in a food processor and pulse until chopped coarsely. Add ¾ of the almonds, cheese, and bacon to the shredded brussel sprouts; toss to combine. When ready to serve, toss with the dressing and sprinkle remaining almonds, cheese, and bacon over the top. If needed, add a few more tablespoons of olive oil and toss.
You'll also love
- Chicken and Forty Cloves of Garlic 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chickpea and red lentil soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Turkey Fried Rice 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smothered Pork Chops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bacon Cheeseburger Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Brussel Sprouts with Soy and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts 0/5 (0 Votes)