Tropical Pineapple Coconut Banana Bread - Quick Bread
- 1 stick of butter, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 5 very ripe bananas, coarsely mashed
- 6 oz. canned crushed pineapple, drain liquid
- 5 oz. canned cream of coconut (not coconut milk – however I have used coconut milk when I couldn’t find cream of coconut and I added a 1/4 tsp of vanilla)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup of roughly chopped and toasted macadamia nuts
Adapted from babble.com
Preheat oven to 350F.
Grease a standard loaf pan
Toast the nuts in the oven for about 10 minutes
Cream butter, 2 of the mashed bananas and sugars in a large bowl.
Mix in eggs.
In a separate bowl, mix the remaining dry ingredients
Mash remaining bananas thoroughly in another bowl (3rd) and fold in pineapple, cream of coconut, and vanilla.
Fold both banana mixtures from other two bowls slowly into dry ingredients – don’t over mix!
Fold in the nuts.
Pour batter into the pan
Bake for about 55-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out mostly clean, rotate pan a few times while baking (Cooking time may vary depending upon your oven…
You'll also love
- Key Lime Pie 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Blue Ribbon Apple Pie 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Apple Pie Breakfast Smoothie 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Caramelized Pineapple Baked Alaska 4.3/5 (27 Votes)
- Banana Split Bites 4.3/5 (27 Votes)
- Coconut Cream Poke Cake 4.3/5 (27 Votes)
- Lemon Pineapple Cake Mix Cookies... 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Almond Coconut Bars 4.3/5 (24 Votes)