Coconut Pineapple Pound Cake
This is a simple cake that is great with coffee and family dessert.
- 1 1/2 c sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 c unsalted butter, room temp, plus more for pan
- 1 1/2 c flour, leveled, plus more for pan
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 c sour cream
- 1 can 20 oz pineapple chunks in juice,drained well
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet bake coconut, tossing occasionally, until lightly toasted, about 6 to 10 mins. Butter and flour a 9x5 inch baking loaf pan; set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
In an electric mixer on high speed, beat butter an sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Reduce speed to low and alternately add flour mixture in three parts and sour cream in two, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix just until combined.
Fold pineapple and 1 c coconut into batter. spoon into prepared pan and smooth top; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 c coconut. Bake until toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 65 to 70 mins, covering pan halfway through. Let cake cool in pan 15 mins. Remove from pan and transfer to wire rack to cool.
You'll also love
- Spinach-Ricotta Stuffed Pasta... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- BAKED AVOCADO FRIES 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Old Fashioned Peach Cobbler 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Coconut Pie from North Carolina 4/5 (1 Votes)
- One Bowl Apple Cake 4/5 (1 Votes)
- thai coconut curry soup 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cranberry-Pineapple Minis 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pineapple Casserole 4/5 (1 Votes)