- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels (from 2 ears corn)
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini (about half of a small zucchini)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 green onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- Goat cheese, crumbled, for serving
Adapted from cooklikeachampionblog.com
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Add the corn and zucchini and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until the vegetables are slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl and allow to cool for 5 minutes before mixing in the green onion, egg and cornmeal.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Using a 1/4 cup measure, scoop mixture into skillet. Cook for about 3 minutes, until the bottom is nicely browned. Flip and continue cooking an additional 2-3 minutes until cakes are completely cooked through. Transfer to a plate and sprinkle with goat cheese. Serve immediately.