bacon pea tortellini
similar to dream dinners
- 9 ounces refrigerated spinach and cheese tortellini, prepared according to package directions (Buitoni)
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh button mushroom
- 4 slices lean bacon, coarsely chopped
- 5 ounces refrigerated low fat alfredo sauce
- 5 oz red sauce
- 1/2 cup green peas, cooked
- flat-leaf Italian parsley (to garnish)
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- freshly shredded parmesan cheese (We used a little of each) or romano cheese (We used a little of each)
cook pasta according to directions.
Saute onion, mushrooms and bacon in medium saucepan over medium-heat until bacon is crisp and the onions and mushrooms soft; drain.2Add pasta, sauce, peas and pepper; cook stirring occasionally, for 1 minutes.3Sprinkle with parsley and cheeses.4Serve with cheese and a rich, Chardonay.