Coquilles St Jacques
- 1 lb scallops
- 1/2 lb sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots or green onions
- 1 t salt
- 3 T flour
- 3 T butter
- 3/4 c heavy cream
- 2 cups white bread crumbs
- 2 T melted butter
- 2 T chopped parsley
1. wash scallops and quarter.
2. boil wince and salt in large skillet and add scallops. lower heat and simmer 5 minutes till tender.
3. remove scallops with slotted spoon and divide into 4 portions.
4. save liquid in cup. melt butter in saucepan and saute mushrooms till soft, remove with slotted spoon and put with scallops, then saute shallots till soft.
5. add flour and stir till bubbly, add reserved liquid and cream and cook stirring constantly till sauce thickens and bubbles 3 minutes.
6. spoon over scallops. toss bread crumbs in butter and parsley till well blended in bowl and top over dishes.
7. bake in 400 degree oven for 12 minutes till golden.