Wasabi Crusted Asian Salmon
- 2 pounds center-cut salmon fillet
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 TBSP coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 TBSP orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon toasted (dark) sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (just use the canned garlic)
- 2 tablespoons ginger
- 1 TBSP wasabi powder
- 1 1/2 cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
Line a baking pan with aluminum foil and place the salmon in the pan. Mix together all of the ingredients above except for the wasabi powder and panko. Pour 1/2 of the marinade over the salmon. Cover with foil and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Meanwhile, toss your panko with the wasabi powder and a dash of salt and pepper. Set aside. Remove Salmon from the refrigerator and sprinkle the wasabi panko mixture evenly over the fillet. Pour the rest of the marinade mixture evenly over the panko.
Roast the salmon for 18 to 20 minutes at 500 degrees. Remove from the oven, wrap tightly with aluminum foil, and allow to rest for 10minutes.