Zucchini Salad Pita Pockets
- 1 cup of instant barley
- 2 zucchini
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 cup chick peas – drained
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. curry
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 oz. cheddar cheese – shredded
- Whole wheat pita pockets
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.blogspot.com
Prepare the barley as directed; drain and cool.
Shred the zucchini, carrots, onion, chick peas and the parsley, using the shredding blade of the food processor.
Place in a bowl and season. Add the barley and toss.
Combine the lemon juice and olive oil and add to the salad and toss.
Fill the pita with the shredded cheese and add the salad. Top with a little more cheese, if desired.
You'll also love
- Easy Spinach Frittata 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon Spread 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Creamy Brussels Sprouts and... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cranberry Nut Bread 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Spicy Bacon Alfredo Sauce &... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Heidi Swanson's Summer Squash Soup... 3.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Zucchini-Cashew Soup 4/5 (22 Votes)
- Lemon Zucchini Salad 4.3/5 (9 Votes)